Unexpected!

Hello there! Phew, I can't believe it's Monday already. So much to do in such a small amount of time - and honestly, I couldn't ask for more. It beats having nothing to do and feeling out of the loop though, so all is good.

1. I have three things I'd like to talk about in this post, starting with the most exciting (and extremely unexpected) news.


OMG. Is this even happening right now?! My not-so-awesome-and-not-much-effort-exerted animated TV commercial passed the Animahenasyon (ACPI) judges' standards! Is this real? Seryoso?! Here's why I didn't even think it would make it to the list of our school's entries, much less pull through to the actual competition:

  • I didn't put my 100% (honestly, I grew tired of the project and decided to finish it just for the sake of being able to pass something on the deadline)
  • It wasn't my first concept choice (my first ones got rejected since they were either too abstract or too simple)
  • I personally don't believe it was that good. 

Imagine my surprise when I came home this evening after our Seniors' Retreat and was chatted up by a classmate on Facebook, congratulating me for something I wasn't aware of. I had NO CLUE about what he was talking about so I kept asking why he was congratulating me. At that moment, another friend of mine sent me a link to Animahenasyon's official Facebook page announcing the "cream of the crop" entries out of all the ones they received from different schools across the country.

Am I even registering this right now?! This is too goo to be true right? All I can say is that God can really work wonders. I was not expecting such an honor at all! Thank you Lord! Thank you, thank you! Just to be chosen among thousands of entries is a privilege, so whether I go home from the event winning or not, I'll still feel awesome.

2. The second thing I'd like to talk about is the birthday present my cousin in the U.S. was asking of me: a tattoo design with the names of her parents incorporated. I admit to not doing this immediately since the first semester was more hectic than the president's calendar (haha, nah, not really) and I wanted to focus on my academics before anything else.
A few nights ago, I took out my brush pen and decided to draft a few designs. Frankly, I think they'd look better on paper than on human skin. I have zero experience in designing tattoos though.


My personal favorites are the second one from the top on the left, the second one on the second row, and the second one from the third. Do they look too typographic for a tattoo? Tell me your thoughts by commenting on this post! Or just place any suggestions. :) Any feedback is much appreciated.

3. Thirdly and lastly, We had Day 1 of our Seniors' Retreat today. It's funny how we were all told to be at the venue at 7:30 AM when it actually started at around 8:30 AM. This is just one unforgivable Filipino habit we have. Is it that hard to come to an event on time and start on time as well? Sheesh.

After we were settled, we were then informed that the registration period was actually from 8-8:30 AM. Why weren't we told about this through the test that was sent to us? I could've extended my sleep for 30 minutes more. But, it's done, and they told us this afternoon to be at the venue tomorrow before 8:30 AM (the retreat is two days by the way).

If I had to pick out parts I thoroughly enjoyed during the first day, it would be (1) creating our Mandelas and (2) reflecting on the passage given (Hosea 11:1-4). I was immediately reminded of the book I recently read titled Redeeming Love by one of my favorite Christian authors, Francine Rivers.


It personifies the book of Hosea, a story about unconditional, ever-forgiving, compassionate love from a God-fearing man to a prostitute who kept breaking his heart and returning to her ways. I loved how Rivers wrote the book to make us relate to Angel (the prostitute-turned faithful wife) in our relationship with God. We two-time God with the materialism of this world, and it damages a pure relationship with him.


Tomorrow is the last day of our Seniors' Retreat and there's going to be lots of "alone time with God" and reflections. There's also going to be a mass (which I'm hoping is not a requirement even for non-Catholics like myself) and other activities. I'm actually looking forward to it. :) At least I'm not at home all day surfing the net and fixing my blog and website.

So yeah. Something else happened today that has me freaking out tremendously, but I'm still trying to fix things (hint: I payed for something via Paypal and it glitched when I tried to change the shipping address). Hopefully, it gets resolved by the time I come home from the retreat tomorrow. :( I seriously want that item I ordered.

Have a fun evening! Sleep well, friend.

0 comments